Friday 1 June 2012

Interviews revisited

Interviews have always been a big challenge for me.  The experience I gained from conducting them and writing them on the last course has meant that I am much more confident and enthusiastic about them this time around.

A couple of weeks ago I interviewed my Mum over the phone about learning to knit, and then I wrote it up as a 350 word piece.  I surprised myself by enjoying the whole process.  The feedback I was given gave me another boost of confidence and I wanted to go right out and do another one - making it even better this time.

The feature I am writing for the final legacy publication is based around an interview with the committee of the Eton Mission Rowing Club in Hackney Wick.  I went down there to interview them on Monday evening.  This was my first face-to-face interview, rather than over the phone, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Having Ian, the photographer, with me was a big help - it felt like we were all having a good chat rather than anything stiff and formal.

So I'm an interview convert...right up to the point where I have to type up the transcript.  I still hate this part - I sound like such an idiot when I hear myself back.  I type as quickly as I can, and reward myself with a big slice of cake when I'm finished.

My voice recorder
My voice recorder - useful and mortifying in equal measure

2 comments:

The Assignment Help Nz said...

I've always found your essays to be entertaining and educational, and I appreciate you sharing this one with us. I've been reading your posts for the past two years, and they've been quite helpful like I get much help from https://www.theassignmenthelp.co.nz/assignment-writing-service/in my academic endeavors.

unknown said...

Interviews Revisited" provides insightful perspectives on the evolving nature of the interview process. However, in the pursuit of securing valuable dissertation data, it is crucial to rely on reputable and cost-effective resources. Engaging with a reliable and cheap dissertation writing servicecan ensure meticulous research and analysis, enabling a strong foundation for interviews and overall academic excellence.